While dealing with everyday problems in your life, you decided to get a new M2 Ssd For Gaming to make your life easier.
But while selecting the right M2 Ssd For Gaming for your particular needs, you noticed that you just added a new problem to your life because there are numerous options and you don’t know which one to pick.
If you can relate to the situation above, it’s time for you to relax. Because we did the research for you. We went through thousands of data related to the products and had real-life experiences so we can share our thoughts with you.
Each product we selected is according to quality, brand value, longevity, durability, ease of use, price range, warranty, and user reviews. We didn’t skip any crucial factor that’s related to the product selection process.
The product we compiled and ranked from one to ten are various in size, shape, features, and price. You can pick just the one you find suitable for your expectations.
There are products at an as cheap price as $90 and as expensive as $900. So, you can choose a product that lines your budget.
So, let’s get started!
10 Best M2 Ssd For Gaming List with Detailed Reviews
Here’s the list we’ve made for making your product selection journey smooth. Let’s go through them and find the best match for you!
- UPGRADE TO IMPRESSIVE NVMe SPEED Whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is a smart choice for outstanding SSD performance
- PACKED WITH SPEED 980 delivers value, without sacrificing sequential read write speeds up to 3,500 3,000 MB s
- KEEP MOVING WITH FULL POWER MODE Keep your SSD running at its peak with Full Power Mode, which drives continuous and consistent high performance
- BUILT FOR THE LONG RUN With up to 600 TBW and the 980's optimized endurance comes with reliability
- Next-level SSD performance: Unleash the power of the Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD for next-level computing. 980 PRO delivers 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0, while maintaining compatibility with PCIe 3.0.
- Maximum Speed: Get read speeds up to 7,000 MB s with 980 PRO and push the limits of what SSDs can do. Powered by a new Elpsis controller designed to harmonize the flash memory components and the interface for superior speed – with a PCIe 4.0 interface that’s 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs – every component of this NVMe SSD is manufactured by Samsung for performance that lasts.
- A winning combination: Designed for hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It's fast at loading games, so you can play more and wait less.
- Efficient M.2 SSD: The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops. Due to its size and thus optimized power efficiency, it’s ideal for building high-performance computing systems.
- Reliable thermal control: High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
- PCIe 4.0 NVMe technology with up to 6600MB/s sequential reads, random read/write 630K/700K IOPS
- Engineered for hardcore gamers, professionals, creatives who demand high-performance computing, works well with PS5 and has Heatsink compatibility
- Built on our own leading Micron Advanced 3D NAND and innovative controller technology
- Rated at MTTF greater than 2 million hours for extended longevity and reliability
- 5-year limited warranty or up to the max endurance rating of 600 TBW
- Get into the game fast as you zoom past load times with blazing speeds of up to 5,150MB/s (1TB and 2TB models). Based on read speed. 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors..Data Transfer Rate:0 MB per second
- Equipped with a PCIe Gen4 interface, the WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD helps fuel in-game responsiveness, minimize stutter, and provide smooth streaming for a performance boost you can see and feel. PCIe Gen4 storage technology requires a compatible motherboard. WD_BLACK SN770 is backwards-compatible with PCIe Gen3.
- Get tons of space for your latest games, future updates, and downloadable content with capacities up to 2TB. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- Equipped with advanced thermal management technology that helps maintain consistent performance, this reliable drive comes in an M.2 SSD form factor for compatibility with modern motherboards and laptops.
- ALWAYS EVOLVING SSD: Faster than the 970 EVO, the 970 EVO Plus is powered by the latest V-NAND technology and firmware optimization; It maximizes the potential of NVMe bandwidth for unbeatable computing; Comes in capacities of up to 2TB, with reliability of up to 1,200 TBW.
- LEVEL UP PERFORMANCE: The 970 EVO Plus reaches sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,300 MB/s,* up to 53%** faster than the 970 EVO; Powered by the latest V-NAND technology—which brings greater NAND performance and higher power efficiency
- DESIGN FLEXIBILITY: The 970 EVO Plus fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components; Samsung's innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more
- EXCEPTIONAL ENDURANCE: Get up to 1,200 TBW*** with a 5-year limited warranty**** for lasting performance; The 970 EVO Plus provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung's reputation for quality
- UNPARALLELED RELIABILITY: Samsung's advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable superior heat dissipation; The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V NAND Technology, the 970 EVO SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe M.2 2280) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- Breakthrough read write speeds: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB/s and 2,500MB/s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Read
- Performance optimization and data security: Seamless cloning and file transfers with Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- Superior heat dissipation: Samsung’s dynamic thermal guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops. Secure Encryption
- 5-year limited warranty: 5-year limited warranty or 600 TBW (Terabytes Written)
- Get the ultimate gaming edge over your competition with insane speeds up to 7,300 MB/s(1) for top-level performance and ridiculously short load times. | (1) Based on read speed, unless otherwise stated. 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
- Soup up your gaming experience with extremely low latency that loads graphics fast with minimal stutter and lagging for smooth, satisfying action.
- A range of capacities available in 1TB to 4TB(2) means you get to keep more of today’s games that can take up 200GB(2) or more of storage. | (2) 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- The 1TB and 2TB(2) drives have an optional version with RGB lighting plus heatsink to help maintain peak performance through the most intense gaming sessions.
- Game Mode 2.0 serves up even more PC performance-boosting features like load prediction to ready game assets for fast in-game loading.
- Patented graphene cooling structure; Ultra-thin structure
- Unleash the full power. Smart management technology
- To cope with the change of manufacturing process of the SSD, TEAMGROUP will change the pattern of Graphene Copper Foil on CARDEA Series SSD from mid-2021. The change does not affect the operation of cooling effects and software control.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5-year or TBW (Terabytes Written) limited warranty. Free Technical Support and Customer Service on TEAMGROUP's official website. The definition and conditions of TBW are based on the JEDEC standard.
- Taiwan Invention Patent (number: I703921) China Utility Patent (number: CN 211019739 U)
- PCIe Gen4x4 interface and complies with the NVMe 1.4 standard
- Sequential Read speeds up to 3600MB/s and Write speeds up to 3000MB/s
- Up to 600 TBW
- Built-in data security and error-correction capabilities
- Suitable for both desktop and notebook
- NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE w/MAXIMUM HEAT CONTROL: The integrated heatsink disperses heat to maintain speed, power efficiency, and thermal control, preventing downtime from overheating on Playstation 5 and PCs
- MAXIMUM SPEED: Powered by an in-house controller designed to harmonize the flash memory components and the interface for top speed – with a PCIe 4.0 interface that’s 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs*
- A WINNING COMBINATION: Achieve fully immersive gameplay with sustained high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more
- SMART THERMAL CONTROL: Uses Samsung's own nickel-coated high-end controller to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip; With the added heatsink, play confidently on PS5 gaming consoles & PC computers without performance drops from overheating
- A PERFECT FIT FOR PLAYSTATION5: The 980 PRO with Heatsink has a thin 8.6mm housing, which perfectly fits PS5; Its slim size and optimized power efficiency are also ideal for building high-performance PC computing and gaming systems
How to Choose The Best M2 Ssd For Gaming- Buying Guide You Shouldn’t Skip
Although you’ve chosen a particular brand after going through our list, there are a few factors we don’t recommend you skip. Here, we will talk about some factors like product quality, brand reputation, durability, longevity, versatility, budget, etc that you should take seriously.
Since you are investing a fair amount of money to get a M2 Ssd For Gaming for you or your loved one, you don’t want to regret it after a few months of buying it, right?
Luckily, you reading this guide that will help you identify your needs and save your time from doing in-depth research regarding the products.
It’s wise to avoid brands that constantly disappoint users with their products or service. Since there are other options, why compromise an important part like brand reputation? Check the past and present records of your chosen brand before you click the buy button.
Another factor that you should not compromise a bit is product quality. Whether the product is made of good materials, how it performs, how its finish is, etc should be taken into consideration. Most people go after high-quality brands even by spending more money than cheap brands. Because they know that good products require a good budget.
Ease of Use and Maintain
Do you have to pass a hard time while using the product or it’s pretty easy to operate? Ask this yourself before buying the product. Otherwise, the complexity of the product might make your journey unpleasant.
Also, people who are busy with work most of the time will not be happy with products that require high maintenance. So, keep this in your mind too.
Durability and Longevity
These are two of the unavoidable parts of product selection. Highly durable products rarely disappoint users. Most people find comfort in using a product that doesn’t require frequent repairs and last long.
Therefore, be sure that your product will not need to repair or replace just after a few months after making the purchase.
Although some people don’t think about the budget in the first place, it’s a crucial factor when you choose a product. You’ll get countless products and the price range will highly vary. So, it’s normal to get a bit confused about which one to go for.
If you opt for a product that should serve you for a long period, don’t hesitate to widen your budget. But if you want something for medium service that lasts some years, go for a mid-priced one.
And, it’s always best not to let any cheap product fool you because most of them wear and tear soon.
Does the model you’re buying have any special features? Know this answer before you pick a model because different models come with different features and specifications and you shouldn’t miss the one that lines with your needs.
Go through the E-commerce site’s user reviews from where you’ll make the purchase. This will let you know about both positive and negative reviews that most users experienced and shared with honesty.
A product that’s user-friendly should also be versatile. It should offer you different features to make it fit different functions, styles, and utilities. The brands that we reviewed are versatile enough so you can feel free to pick any of them that matches your needs.