It’s great that you’ve decided to buy a Fret Dressing Tools for you; you won’t regret it because it will make your life easier. But the choosing the right Fret Dressing Tools part is quite tricky, it’s not always easy. And, the process is even harder if you’re just a novice user. Why?
Well, there are hundreds of popular brands out there; which one should you go for? There are different price ranges which even make you more confused about choosing the right product.
However, we don’t want you to have an unpleasant experience. For this, we did all of the research to help you with product selection. Since it’s an investment, one wrong move might make your next days bad.
We ran a test with the so-called best Fret Dressing Tools on the market and came up with a short list.
The test was run for having a real-life experience. Apart from this, we also went through user reviews from different E-commerce sites to collect the facts about what other people think about the products.
So, let’s see what we’ve kept for you!
10 Best Fret Dressing Tools: Honest Review from Our Experience
Okay, we have already enough prologue. Let’s go through the best Fret Dressing Tools and make a perfect choice according to your needs.
- Fix Sharp Fret Ends Safely - The Stewmac Fret End Dressing File's Smooth, Non-marring Edges Glide On The Fingerboard While The Fine-toothed Sides Deburr And Round The Fret.
- Improve Playability - Removes Snags And Burrs From Rough Frets Or Fret Sprout To Make The Neck Feel Smooth For Great Playability With Our Battle Tested Fret File.
- For Rounding, Shaping, And Deburring - This Specialized File Dresses The Ends Of The Frets After They've Been Installed, Trimmed Flush, And Beveled.
- Built To Last A Lifetime - Our Promise To You Is Simple, If Any Of Our Products Ever Wear Out, Break, Or Fail To Meet Your Every Expectation, Simply Return It For A Replacement.
- Fret End Dressing File Dimensions - .062" X .125" X 6", With 3" Cutting Surfaces
- Package include: you will receive a set contains 3 wide finger guards, 3 narrow finger guards, and 12 rubber bands to help you better fix the finger guard, which is a nice combination to help you enjoy the music
- Reasonable design: notches on one edge are nice touch for holding the guard in place with a rubber band, which are not easy to fall, convenient and simple,helping you freeing both your hands for the job
- Wonderful function: fingerboard fret protector is wonderful tool for luthiers, guitarists and many DIY string works, which can protect your guitar or bass fingerboard from scratching or damage during filing and polishing
- Quality material: fingerboard guard protectors are made of quality stainless steel, which are resistant to rust and deformation, serving you for a long time, giving you nice using experience, a necessary for guitar maintenance
- 2 Sizes of fingerboard guards: fingerboard protectors have 2 different size, the wide one measures approx. 3.2 x 0.9 inch, and the narrow one is 3.2 x 0.5 inch, various size to meet your needs, which will help to prevent scratching or damaging the guitar or bass fingerboard when filing and polishing the frame
- STOP FRET SPROUT! - Don't let fret sprout stop you from playing your favorite guitar—this kit has everything you need to fix it yourself
- SAVE MONEY BY FIXING THIS COMMON ISSUE YOURSELF - When dry weather comes around, your fretboard can shrink and the fret ends poke out—this is a very common repair that comes around with every change of seasons
- GREAT START TO PERSONAL GUITAR REPAIR - What a great way to get your feet wet with guitar repair, and work on your frets like a pro
- FIX MORE THAN JUST FRET ISSUES - This set not only works for taming seasonal fret sprout, you can use it year round for polishing your frets, and even to touch up scratches in your finish and pickguard
- THIS FRET END DRESSING KIT (and more!) INCLUDES: StewMac Fingerboard Guards (1 set of 6), 1 Fret End Dressing File, Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Pads (set of 9 grits), and a Micro-Mesh Touch Up Stick
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with deeper grooves and finer grits.
- Made by high quality carbon steel&coating with diamond grits. Concave in center design makes it very efficient&time saving for crowning the fret.
- 3 in 1 size:The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Wood handle for convenient and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- Original design: This end dressing file has two grinding angles, but only one file is used, ensures the function and reduces waste, more environmentally friendly.
- Materials: the fret end file body is made of high hardness solid wood and embeds a high carbon steel file, which has long service life and high grinding efficiency.
- Double cut: it has two grinding angles of 35 degrees and 90 degrees. 90 degrees right-angle file for initial smoothing and flush-filing. 35 degrees angled bevel file for perfectly beveling fret ends before final dressing.
- Sandpaper: equipped with 600 grit and 1000 grit sandpaper, to smoothen out your fret to a finish.
- Size and Weight: 350g/12.3oz; Fret bevel file*1 (15*5*6.5cm/5.9*2*2.6inch); 600 grit Sandpaper *2, 1000 grit Sandpaper *2 (16.5*5cm/6.5*2inch).
- The most advanced and precision fret end dressing file available - designed from the ground up specifically for fret ends - this is your most effective weapon in the battle against sharp fret ends, " fret sprout ", and a must-have for a smoother, faster playing guitar that inspires you to play more often.
- Precision flat ground, diamond honed and polished bottom - so the file glides across your fingerboard without scuffing the wood, finish or binding. We've teamed up with one of Europe's oldest and most respected file makers to help us create this finely crafted file, then we put the finishing touches and final diamond hone and polish here in our shop. Definitely NOT made in China.
- Top of file has a smooth, safe ground edge, and the upper corners and tip are completely rounded and beveled to prevent damage to your fretboard and guitar. Also comes with a top quality, made in USA hardwood handle that feels comfortable in your hand, and takes the pain out of working on your frets.
- Innovative Double Ski-Tip design, to protect your guitar top from scratches and dings.
- [IMPROVED]: This fret file is an improved version of 3rd generation. 0.01mm DEEPER/ 100 grit HIGHER than the original groove, which means it can better fit the frets and file marks more finely. Make your frets coronation easier and more detailed.
- [WIDELY APPLICABLE]: Baroque Fret Crowning File has three kinds of groove. 1mm for extra narrow frets, likes ukuleles; 2mm for all standard guitars, bass, banjo, mandolin, cigar box guitars; 3mm for jumbo frets. A very useful luthier tool.
- [EFFICIENT&EFFORTLESS]: High strength DIAMOND electroplating process brings a longer service life, sharper filing, and higher working efficiency. The hand shank is made of SOLID ROSEWOOD, excellent grip and smooth operations and save effort.
- [EASY TO CARRY]: An oxford bag included, not only easy to carry, but also provides excellent protection for your frets file tools. The package also includes a high-quality user guide. Please read the user guide carefully before dressing fret crown.
- [SUGGESTION]: Use with Baroque Fret Erasers makes the frets very very smooth. For all files, the grit is relatively coarse. After using the file, the fret will not be so smooth, so it needs to be polished with a higher grit fret eraser.
- Made of plastic and corundum,Medium Fret Dressing File
- Guitar fret special polishing tool, mild polishing use.
- Suitable for guitar polish fret and repair fret.
- it's flat. Fast and accurate. No damage to the wood when utilized properly
- Excellent 1000 grit sanding tool for flat surfaces. it works great for deburring tools and files for fret work.
- Product Includes: You will receive 3pcs wide finger guards and 3pcs narrow finger guards, comes with 12pcs black rubber bands to help you better fix the finger guard and enjoy your instrument.
- Product Size: Fretboard protector has two size, the wide fret protector measures about 3.4 x 0.9 inch, and the narrow one measures 3.4 x 0.5 inch, different size to meet your needs, which helps to prevent damaging the guitar or bass fingerboard when filing and polishing the surface of the music instrument.
- Premium Material: Fret guard set are made of quality stainless steel, which durable and not easy to break or deform, serving you for a long time, a useful guitar maintenance tool you should have.
- Thoughtful Design: Notches on the edges can hold the guard in place with a rubber band, which is convenient and make precise fretwork much easier, helping you complete your fret job effectively.
- Ideal Gift: Fret protector is a perfect tool for shaping frets, so it is a useful tool for luthiers, guitarists and string workers, so they would be a thoughtful gift for your friends or family who works as luthiers or love guitar or relative music instrument.
- Made of hard pure solid wood and high carbon steel file, which is reliable quality and fast grinding.
- The edge of the file was polished, with embedded design to prevent scraping the surface.
- Use Inner arc side design, comfortable grip.
- With 35 / 90 degree grinding angle and 600# 1000# sandpaper, 90 degree for rough machining and 35 degree for chamfering the port, 600# 1000# sandpaper for smoothen out your fret to a finish.
- Size Quantity and Weight: fret dressing file*1（16*6.5*5cm 400g/6.3*2.6*2inch 14oz）;600 grit sandpaper*2 （16*5cm/6.3*2inch）、1000 grit sandpaper*2(16*6cm/6.3*2.4inch)
Buying Guide on How to Choose The Right Fret Dressing Tools for You
We belive that making the right purchase can be tricky because there are a lot of factors included. Factors like durability, longevity, ease of use, maintenance requirements, price, and warranty policy can make you feel puzzled.
But this guide can help you in a great way. We will make you alart about every major and minor things that should be remembered throughout the purchasing process.
You’ll want to choose a product that goes smoothly with your budget; we get it.
But don’t think that buying cheap products can always help you save money. Because going for too cheap products might wear and tear so fast that you need to spend some more money to repair the product.
Moreover, considering brand history and their warranty policy is a wise descision as you’ll want to use the product as long as possible.
Below are some must-consider factors that you should know before hitting the buy button.
Although some people don’t care about brand history, it’s wise to check it once. Some brands provide high-quality service from years to years whereas some fail to do so. However, it’s a relief that most brands are trustable since branded products cost high (the money you spend are worth it in most cases).
Know Your Requirements
The good news is, branded products come in a variety of features and you can select the right product according to your exact requirement. So, no matter whether you need a giant Fret Dressing Tools or a mini version of it, you’ll get what you need.
Do not ever compromise with the quality of your desired product. Do a thorough research about what can be the best material of the product you want and choose accordingly. Know the specifications and the materials that are used to manufacture the product and then make a final descision.
Most of the branded products come with a unique feature for a specific set of audiances. If you particularly want a special feature that only one model of the brand manufactures, explore enoguh to find it.
Know your budget first. While exploring different products, you might notice products with high price difference. However, there are logical reasons for such difference in prices. Some products migth come in high quality and cost accordingly whereas some can be mid-priced for being medium-quality products.
If you want to product for a long-term usage, it’s recommended to keep a fair budget. Otherwise, the repairment of the product will cost unpleasantly later.
Ease of Use and Maintain
It’s important to know how easy is to operate your product. You may find some products with unwanted complexation. Ignore them if you don’t like to deal with technical complexities.
Also, some products come in high maintenance that some users lose interest buying it. If you’re a busy person with the least time to maintain your Fret Dressing Tools go for a high-quality product that doesn’t require high maintenance.
Sometimes we miss better opportunities like we don’t follow the warranty policies and can’t take the advantage when we find any problem with the product. Make sure you don’t do the same. Most brands offer you useful warranty policy that you should know before buying the product.
E-commerce user reviews are helpful because people share their personal experiences there. In most cases, the reivews and ratings are honest. It’s better to get an idea from the poeple who already used the product and know what’s the right way to use it.